Meijer Branch Digital Studio
The Jackson District Library has a digital studio available to Jackson District Library cardholders. The purpose of the digital studio is to provide Library patrons with a space where they may use various digital media technologies that support their educational, professional, and personal goals and endeavors.
All software installed on studio computers is licensed for use on studio workstations only. This software may not be copied to a disk or otherwise transferred and installed to personal computers. Software may not be installed by users (either by downloading or from external media).
Personal Items, Files, and Equipment left in Studio
The Jackson District Library cannot assume responsibility for personal items or equipment left behind or stored in the studio. All files should be backed up to a personal storage space/device. Users are advised that if they choose to store personal equipment or files in the studio, they do so at their own risk.
In order to ensure fair access, we reserve the right to limit the use of any specific machine to two hours per day per person. Any project files on studio hard drives will be automatically deleted after the two hour use.
- The Digital Studio is open during most library hours, but closes 30 minutes prior to the library closing. We ask that you call ahead of time to make an appointment with a Digital Studio Technician before visiting.
- The Digital Studio is open to Jackson District Library card holders who are of high school age or older.
- All General Guidelines and the Internet Access Policy for the Library apply.
- No food or drinks of any kind are permitted.
- A maximum of 4 people are allowed in the Studio at any given time.
- Users can reserve two hours in the studio, with extended time permitted if no else is waiting. Reservations will be held for 10 minutes after they are scheduled to begin.
- Similar to library material, the Digital Studio is checked out. A valid Jackson District Library card and photo ID are required for Digital Studio check out. A photo ID will be kept at the Studio Technician’s desk or the Information Desk. The individual who checks out the studio will be considered the main user and is responsible for any damage or misuse of the equipment, even if a group is working on a project together.
- The door should be kept closed unless a staff member is present.
- Please be considerate of others and keep noise level to a minimum. Headphones are provided for audio projects.
- Priority will be given to users who are working on digital media projects such as video, music, websites, photo editing, and scanning. Users who are using the computers for web browsing will be asked to use the computers in the computer lab.
- Students are expected to treat JDL equipment with care. A replacement fee will be assessed for lost or damaged equipment.
- Downloading, installing or uninstalling software of any kind is strictly prohibited. If you need something that is not available on a computer please ask a Digital Technician.
- Computer equipment — cables, keyboards, mice, speakers, scanners etc. — are not to be modified, moved, unplugged, or changed in any way. If you need assistance, ask the Digital Technician.
- If equipment is not working properly please see Digital Technician.
- 3 iMac 27” running Maverick OS
- 1 iMac 27” running Mountain Lion OS
- Canon PowerShot Elph 330 HS (camera)
- CanoScan 9000F Mark II (scanner)
- Bose Companion 2 Speakers
- Headphones Grado SR80i
- Sony HDR-CX (Camcorder)
- Tripod for Camcorder
- Blue Yeti Microphone
- 1TB Rugged Portable Hard Drive
- M-Audio Oxygen 61-key USB/MIDI Controller Keyboard
- M-Audio Sustain Pedal
- Yamaha Electronic Drum Kit DD-65
- Electric Guitar
- ProLine MS220 Tripod Boom Microphone Stand Black
- Shure SM57
- Live Wire Advantage Standard EXM mic cables
- Akai EIE I/O Audio/MIDI interface
- Audio Technica CP8201 (1/8th)
- Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter
- Grass Valley ADVC110 Analog to Digital Video Converter
- VHS to DVD Recorder
- Apple USB SuperDrive DVD+RW
- ION Pure LP USB Conversion Turntable for Mac & PC
- ION Tape Express + Cassette Tape to MP3 Converter
Mac OS X (Maverick)
- Garage Band
Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium
- Photoshop Extended
- Flash Professional
- Acrobat X Pro
- Media Encoder
Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 (on all terminals)
- Final Cut Pro
- Anime Studio Debut
- Blender 3D
- Avid Ignite
- Google Earth
- iBooks Author
- Camera Software
- Scanner Software
- Video Recorder Software