The Eastern Branch closed for renovations on Feb. 20, 2023, and is scheduled to re-open to the public later this year. Work is being done to resurface the parking lot; update the building trim, downspouts, and gutters; and renovate the interior to make the library more user-friendly by updating the carpet, paint, lighting, and furniture.
The Eastern Branch was affiliated with the Jackson Public Library and began operations in 1914. In 1942, the library moved to Orange Street in a building provided by Mr. Gilbert Knibloe.
In 1985, the Jackson District Library received a LSCA Title II grant to be used for the construction of a new building. The operations of the Eastern and Michigan Center branches were merged in 1987 when a new, larger facility on the east side of Jackson was opened.
3125 E. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI 49202
View on a Map
Size: 11,760 Sq. Feet
Original Branch: 1914
Current Branch: 1987