Business and investment for entrepreneurs and non-profit groups.
- Morningstar Investment Research Center – This investment research source is now only available in digital format.
- Michigan eLibrary (MEL) Business Gateway – The business related resources provided by the Michigan eLibrary.
- County Business Patterns
- Jackson County Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- Michigan Small Business Development Center
- Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- State of Michigan Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division for seniors
- Tax Information for Business
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Michigan.gov/Business and Economic Growth
- Jackson Area Manufacturers Association
- Enterprise Group of Jackson, Inc.
Grants & Foundations for Nonprofits
- Consumers Energy Foundation
- Jackson Community Foundation
- James A. & Faith Knight Foundation
- Michigan Humanities Council grants
- Sigmund Foundation
- Speckhard-Knight Charitable Foundation
- United Way of Jackson County
- Weatherwax Foundation
Resources & Tools:
- Charity Channel (Subscription only)
- Community Grants.org – Certain area foundations require registration with this website for application consideration.
- Grants.gov – Find open grant opportunities
- Guidestar – Free for basic information, more with a subscription
- Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Nonprofit Finance Fund
- Nonprofit Network
- Starting a Nonprofit
- The Center for Nonprofits
- The Foundation Directory Online– is available at the help desk in the Carnegie Library’s Reference room in Jackson, MI.