Give to Your Library
We envision a library system that will provide outstanding services and programs to a diverse 21st Century community. Consider making a contribution to support one of the most beloved institutions in Jackson County.
Your gift to the Jackson District Library could provide funding for children, teen or adult programs, genealogy or local history, books, audio books, an author visit, branch improvement, or many of our literacy programs.
You can also give a gift to your library to honor someone special or as a memorial gift.
If you would prefer to mail your donation we can send you a form. Please contact the library’s administrative secretary by email or phone, (517) 788-4099 ext. 1308.
Any size gift is welcome.
- $500 could purchase furniture for our new Early Learning Center
- $250 would enhance your local branch
- $150 would support a children’s program
- $100 would purchase three audiobooks
- $25 would provide a hardback book for the library’s collection
If you are interested in naming the Jackson District Library in your trust or will please contact our Administrative Office, 517-788-4099 ext. 1308.
Thank you for your gift to the Jackson District Library!
The Jackson District Library has tax exempt status as recognized under Internal Revenue Code section 501 (c) (3). All donations are tax exempt to the full extent as provided by the law.
Join the Friends of The Jackson District Library
The Friends of the Jackson District Library are a determined group of library lovers and users. We want you to help expand the Library’s support and impact – in your neighborhood and throughout Jackson County – by becoming a member now.
To join, contact your local library branch or email the Public Services Administrator from the Contact Us page.
As a FRIEND you will help…
- Make certain that your Library’s needs are recognized by the people responsible for Library funding and budgets.
- Provide materials for the Library’s special collections and exhibits.
- Host special Friends events.
- Organize book sales.
- Sponsor new projects for the Library and extend your support through volunteer assistance in your areas of interest.
- Be a part of the excitement of Libraries in Jackson County.
See the Friends page for more.
Library Volunteer Opportunities
If you are interested in volunteering at JDL please download a volunteer application or pick one up from the Administration Building, located at 290 West Michigan Avenue. Administration is one building west of the Carnegie library.
We will check our current need to see if there is a fit and need given the background and the nature of the volunteer work-request (i.e., school requirement, community service, etc.) and the time-frame needed for the work.