Services Your Jackson District Library Provides
What are library notices?
Library notices alert you when you have an item on hold, an overdue item, or give a status of overdue fines. Call or visit a branch to sign up.
- E-mail: Email notification allows you to receive detailed hold and overdue notices directly to your email account.
- Phone: Our Tele-circ system will deliver account related message via automated phone calls. You can also call and renew items by calling (517) 784-2280.
- Text: This option allows you to receive text messages related to your account. Normal texting fees apply, based on your personal mobile service plan.
We still offer the option of receiving account correspondence through traditional mail. We request that you use this as a last resort in order to reduce library costs.
- 2 days before due date: Patron receives notification that item is due back (email only)
- 5 days after due date: Patron receives 1st overdue notice (email, SMS, phone, paper)
- 14 days after due date: Patron receives 2nd overdue notice (email, SMS, phone, paper)
- 21 days after due date: Patron receives 3rd and FINAL overdue notice (email, SMS, phone, paper)
- 30 days after due date: Item goes to Lost-ASSUM status (patron is billed replacement cost of item)
- 31 days after due date: Patron receives billing notice for item (email, paper)
- If lost item(s) totals $40.00 or more- 45 days after due date: Patron receives notice of collections and $10.00 referral fee is billed to their account
- If item is returned after it has gone to lost, no fines will be charged (except for $10.00 referral fee if account was referred to collection agency)