Services Your Jackson District Library Provides
Book Discussion Kits
Book kits are groupings of 12 books, packaged in a tote bag, for use by book discussion groups. These kits include twelve copies of the same book, a notebook with information about the author, and sample discussion questions. If you have a valid library card and belong to a book discussion group…
You can also
Please note that the list changes periodically, with new ones added and older ones removed.
- Book kits check out for six weeks. Due to the frequent quick turnarounds on these kits, no renewals are possible. Contact the Reference Department with any questions.
- A single book discussion group representative with a library card can borrow a kit. No exceptions. No more than one kit at a time can be checked out.
- All members of the group need to have a valid library card, or someone in the group willing to take responsibility for all books.
- Group representatives are responsible for recording member’s names and library card numbers so that books may be directly checked out to group members.
- Group representatives are responsible for examining the contents of the book kit before checking it out and also before returning it.
- Call the Jackson District Library’s Reference Department at 788-4087 Ext. 1339 to reserve a kit.
- If possible, kits should be returned to the Carnegie Branch before any other location. Please do not return the kits in the drop box.
- Replacement cost for the entire kit is $180.
We hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to call the Reference Department at 788-4087 Ext. 1339.