Services Your Jackson District Library Provides
Book Discussion Kits
Book kits are groupings of 12 books, packaged in a tote bag, for use by book discussion groups. These kits include twelve copies of the same book, a notebook with information about the author, and sample discussion questions. If you have a valid library card and belong to a book discussion group…
You can also
Please note that the list changes periodically, with new ones added and older ones removed.
- Book kits check out for six weeks. Renew them for three more weeks, provided they haven’t already been requested. Contact the Reference Department for all renewals, reservations, or any other questions.
- A single book discussion group representative with a library card can borrow a kit. No exceptions. No more than one kit at a time can be checked out.
- All members of the group need to have a valid library card, or someone in the group willing to take responsibility for all books.
- Group representatives are responsible for recording member’s names and library card numbers so that books may be directly checked out to group members.
- Group representatives are responsible for examining the contents of the book kit before checking it out and also before returning it.
- Call the Jackson District Library’s Reference Department at 788-4087 Ext. 1339 to reserve a kit.
- If possible, kits should be returned to the Carnegie Branch before any other location. Please do not return the kits in the drop box.
- Replacement cost for the entire kit is $150.
We hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, feel free to call the Reference Department at 788-4087 Ext. 1339.