Join us at the Brooklyn Branch!
In 1998, Jackson District Library added its 13th location when the Brooklyn Branch opened its doors.
Join us as we celebrate the 20th anniversary of that event with refreshments, activities, and memories.
History of the Brooklyn Branch
The library formed in Brooklyn in 1918 later became part of the Jackson County Library. With the formation of the District, the Brooklyn Library decided to remain independent with some service and materials provided by Jackson District Library.
The building, a former church, was not suitable as a Jackson District Library building. The Brooklyn Library board, however, purchased the US Post Office building in Brooklyn which was remodeled to become Jackson District Library’s newest branch in 1998.