This educational program is presented by Thornapple Woodlands (Don and Karen Snoeyink).
Through an entertaining honey bee educational seminar, the audience will:
- Learn about the three types of bees in a hive and their respective roles.
- Understand how bees find nectar and process it into honey.
- Realize how honey is harvested.
- Learn the nutritional and medicinal qualities of honey.
- Discover the uses for beeswax.
- Participate in a question and answer session.
After the presentation, at three stations, the audience will:
- Examine live bees in an observation hive.
- Taste honey from our hives.
- Craft a hand rolled beeswax candle.