207 N. Main St
P.O. Box 490
Brooklyn, MI 49230
Temporarily Closed for Renovation
Size: 1,848 Square Foot
Opened: Originally opened in 1918, moved to it’s present location in 1998. The building dates from 1960.
The library formed in Brooklyn in 1918 later became part of the Jackson County Library. With the formation of the District, the Brooklyn Library decided to remain independent with some service and materials provided by Jackson District Library.
The building, a former church, was not suitable as a Jackson District Library building. The Brooklyn Library board, however, purchased the US Post Office building in Brooklyn which was remodeled to become Jackson District Library’s newest branch in 1998.